Time required: about 1-2 hours
Difficulty Level: Easy
- Styrofoam cone measuring 12 cm high or 4 inches
- green satin ribbon about 5 mm in width or 1/4 inch
- short straight pins
- Christmas baubles in color of choice
- hot glue gun
1. Cut your ribbon in 5 cm or 2 inch lengths for the base and middle and a bit shorter once you reach the top. You will need plenty of ribbon so it saves time to cut a lot right away at the beginning.
2. Starting at the bottom, fold the first ribbon piece in half. Insert a pin where the 2 ends match and then insert the pin to the bottom of the tree close to the base.
3. Continue around the bottom most layer until it is complete.
4. Make the next row just above the bottom row. Make sure the ribbon covers the pins from the first row and complete this row all around the tree.
5. Continue in this manner until you reach the top. Once you are finished, hot glue the baubles randomly to the tree. Hot glue a bauble to the top to cover the top pins which are still visible.