Time required: about 2-3 hours
Difficulty Level: Requires some patchwork sewing experience
Material List for this Patchwork Star:
- Christmas fabric scraps that look well together
- enough matching fabric for the back side of the star
- Fusible interfacing with printed quilters grid (in 60° angle rhombus grid)
- Matching sewing thread
- Quilter’s ruler
- Permanent marking pen or pencil
- Basic sewing supplies
1. You can cut the pieces in advance or as you go. If cutting in advance, cut 6 same size rhombus shapes out of your interfacing. Cut 6 center rhombus shapes large enough to cover center plus seam allowance.
2. Cut 4 cm wide strips of the first color and 4 cm wide strips of the second color. The length of the strips depend on the size of star you want. Rather cut the strips longer and then you can cut away excess when necessary after sewing.
3. Cut 6 back side rhombus shapes out of the interfacing the same size as the interfacing rhombus shapes.
4. Follow the step-by-step tutorial in the link below to complete this project.
Patchwork Star Sewing Tutorial