1. First paint the front cover of the book with your choice of paint color (it should look good with the chosen paper napkin) and let the paint dry before continuing.
2. Apply crackle medium over the terracotta according to manufacturers instructions and let the medium dry before continuing.
3. Now apply beige paint over the crackle medium.
4. Apply the paint vertically by making large brush strokes over the book and avoid going over any area twice, otherwise you will ruin the crackle effect.
5. Tear the paper napkin so it will fit on the cover of the book. Tearing it is better than cutting it. Then the edges blend in more with the painted crackling effect and there is no harsh cut edge to be seen. Let the paint dry completely.
6. Once this is done adhere the paper napkin motif over the front of the book according to manufacturer’s instructions. Let the napkin then dry. Here you will find an illustrated Paper Napkin Decoupage Tutorial for the basic instructions of this technique.
6. Die cut the word recipes and then adhere it to the top of the book.
7. Apply several layers of decoupage glue to the book and let the glue dry completely in between coats.
8. Adhere favorite recipes to the pages inside the book.