Time required to make one wreath: about 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
- styrofoam wreath of choice (the backside of the wreath is flat)
- red and white striped fabric
- stiff felt in the colors of red and whtie
- red gems, buttons and sequins
- red ribbon and red and white ribbon of different widths (for assorted bows to embellish)
- die cutting machine of choice
- die cutting templates with Christmas images - here dies from Sizzix and Spellbinders were used
- straight pins
- hot glue gun
This is a close-up image of the left side of the wreath
Instructions for the wreath:
1. First cut your fabric into 4 cm wide strips (about 1.6 inches). The amount will vary depending on how long your fabric is and how large the wreath is.
2. Pin one end of a fabric strip to the backside of the wreath. Start wrapping the fabric strip around the wreath. Keep wrapping and overlap the previous round slightly while you continue to wrap. When the fabric strip comes to an end, pin it to the back of the wreath and at the same time start a new strip by pinning it to the previous strip. Once the wreath is completely covered, pin the last end to the back of the wreath.
3. Create a ribbon hanger to the wreath and make a bow to decorate it.
4. Die cut various shapes out of the red and white felt and hot glue these to the wreath in a pleasing manner. Embellish the die cuts with sequins and gems for a little sparkle.
5. If you like, wrap a bit of red angel hair around the wreath to pull the look together.
This is a close-up image of the right side of the wreath