Instructions to Make Boxes:
1. First cut away the front of the card. Place it over the cardstock and cut out the exact same size so you have two identical pieces.
2. A box maker comes in handy when making boxes. It takes in consideration that the box lid needs to be a tiny bit larger than the base and is set up that way.
If using a box maker, place the card front on the side called “lid” and crease a line on each side of the paper to the height you choose. For this particular box, the 3rd line was used so the height will be 1.5 cm.
For the box base you will place the cardstock piece you cut out on the box “base” side and use also the same line (for this box the 3rd line, just like the box lid). Then crease all 4 lines on that side of the box maker.
If you do not have a box maker, you can also make a lid and base. You need a foam mat, stylus and ruler. Mark on each side of the card front and the cardstock piece the height you need and then emboss the lines using the stylus and ruler. Please note, the lid and base will fit tighter than if you had used the box maker because they will be the identical size.
3. Now you have the box base lid and box base creased.
4. Use a bone folder or similar and burnish the creases so the sides can be perfectly folded over.
5. Cut a wedge in each of the 4 square corners. On one side, you cut along the line of the fold until the horizontal crease and from the other side you come at an angle. Like cutting a small triangle.
6. Then place glue on each of these 4 corners and fold them inwards so that they will adhere to the inside of the box side.
7. Use paper clips or clothes pins to hold the walls until the glue dries. That only takes a couple of minutes. Repeat for the other box half.
8. Now the gift box is ready for use.