1. Saw out the reindeer to a size you wish and cut out the base piece to be slightly longer than the reindeer and about 5 centimeters wide. Sand the pieces if necessary before continuing.
2. Thin your paint down with water (about 70% water and 30% paint) to create a stain. Paint at least 2 coats of it on all sides of the reindeer and the base piece. Each additional coat will darken the reindeer a little more subtle. You can add more than 2 coats if you like if you would like the decoration a little darker.
3. Then dry brush the edges of both pieces with undiluted brown paint. Dot the eye first with brown paint on the reindeer and once that that is dry, make a tiny dot of white on the eye as a highlight.
4. Mark and drill a hole centered in both bottom feet of the reindeer. Mark the holes on the base piece and drill holes through it too. Then screw the base to the reindeer.
5. Tie a knitted tube or piece of ribbon around the reindeer neck as a scarf if you like.