1. Saw out the heart template to a size of your choice. Now three steps will be required before you can decoupage the motif on and between each step, drying time is required:
a. Paint the shape blue on both sides. First paint one side and let it dry. Then paint the second side and let it dry.
b. Paint a coat of crackling medium on one side of the heart and let it dry overnight.
c. Paint a coat of white over the crackling medium. Paint only one stroke over the medium and do not repaint over any previous strokes. That will destroy the crackling effect which starts immediately once you paint over it. Let the paint dry before continuing.
2. Paint a very light coat of decoupage glue on the white side of the heart. It should only be tacky to the touch. Then gently place the paper napkin onto the heart with the main motif where you want it to be. Then brush a coat of glue over the napkin and let it dry before continiung.
3. Once dry, you can cut away excess paper napkin. If any side edges look a little frayed, then you can glue these down with a little decoupage glue.
4. Now use decoupage glue and highlight the snow areas of the scene. As long as the glue is still wet, sprinkle fine iridescent glitter onto the glue. Tap off the excess onto paper (you can return the excess glitter back in the container) and then let the glue dry. Once dry, add a second coat of glue over the glitter to seal it. It looks milky at first, but once the glue is dry, the glitter will sparkle again.
5. Drill a hole in the top center of the heart so you can hang a ribbon through it.