Time required: about 20 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
- plain white candle
- measuring tape (sewing supplies)
- paper napkin with Christmas design (preferably a design that completly covers the full width of the
- construction paper matching the color of the napkin
- white cardstock
- zig-zag scissors or decorative edged scissors
- double sided adhesive
- clear contact foil
- stick glue
- half beads or other embellishments
1. Measure the circumference of the candle with a measuring tape.
2. Cut out a wide strip of napkin at the height of choice (depending on height of candle and design chosen) and about 1 cm or 1/2” shorter than the length measured in step one.
3. Cut contact foil out larger than napkin motif. Adhere the contact foil on the entire cut piece of napkin. Cut away excess foil from all sides. Now you have a laminated napkin design.
4. Use the stick glue and adhere the laminated napkin piece now to the cardstock. Cut the napkin exactly out. Now the napkin design is 3 layers. The top layer is the foil, the middle layer is the napkin and the bottom layer is the cardstock. The cardstock gives the napkin durability and also brightens up the design.
5. Using the double-sided adhesive, adhere the napkin piece now on a larger piece of color construction paper. Cut our a 0.75 mm or 1/4” top and bottom border with zig-zag scissors.
6. Cut the two sides (the short sides) out with a 1 cm or 1/2” overlap.
7. Wrap your piece now around the candle and adhere at the overlap. Adjust the length is necessary. Use double-sided adhesive and make sure the wrap is tightly fitting to prevent it from slipping down.
8. Embellish with beads or gems if desired.