1. Paint two coats of paint on the canvas, letting the paint dry in between coats.
2. Make sure to also paint the sides of the canvas as well.
3. Cut and arrange the pieces you wish to use on your sign before gluing them on. It helps to play around a little bit until you find a solution that works for you.
4. When gluing the pieces on, first add glue to the canvas with the brush and then press the image onto the glue. Brush a coat of glue over the image to seal it. When gluing on the words, it helps to use a quilter’s ruler or similar to get the words straight.
5. Once you have glued all of the pieces on, let the sign first dry. Then add another coat of decoupage glue on top of the whole canvas to seal the images and also to give the sign a nice and even coat.