Time required for this mobile: about 1 day total time because of drying steps in between
Difficulty Level: Easy
Material List for this Mobile:
- mobile foil for window cling pictures
- gold colored window cling outliner paint
- clear varnish
- iridescent glitter
- small hole puncher
- gold colored string for hanging
Instructions: Skip steps 1 and 2 if using pre-cut stars.
1. Print out the pattern to the size you prefer. Place the foil over the pattern and trace the outlines with the gold colored outliner paint.
2. Let the paint dry before continuing.
3. Turn the foil over (now you will be working on the backside) and brush varnish over the motifs. Sprinkle glitter in the varnish and let dry again.
4. Once dry, cut out around the outside lines of the motifs.
5. Punch holes where you would like the stars to hang onto the moon and connect stars to moon with the string.
6. Find now the center of the top of the moon (the center is where you will punch the hole for the entire mobile to hang straight). Once you have this center, punch a hole about 1/4 inch from the edge and use a string to hang.
Free Craft Patterns - Moon Star