Paper Christmas Wreath
By using the Sizzix Originals holly leaves die with your die cutting machine, you can create this project within minutes. If you do not have a die cutting machine, this project can also be made by hand cutting holly leaves instead and following the instructions below for arranging them.
Time required: about 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
- dark green cardstock
- saucers, bowls, cans or anything round to use as a template for making the ring
- silver gel pen
- 3-D double sided adhesive foam tape
- craft glue
- 3 red half beads
- green cord for hanging
1. Use cans, saucers, or bowls to create a ring out of the green cardstock. For this project the outer circle is 13 cm (about 5 inches) and the inner circle 10 cm (about 4 inches). Cut the ring out.
2. Use your die cutting machine and your holly motif die cut to create 18 leaves. The die has 2 leaves, so you need to run it thorugh the machine 9 times.
3. After your have cut your leaves, use the gel pen and draw line around the inside edge of the leaf. Repeat for the remaining leaves.
4. Take 6 leaves (3 large and 3 small) and place 3-D foam tape on the backsides of them and set them aside for the moment.
5. Take the remaining leaves and arrange and glue them around the ring, overlapping each previous leaf as you add a new one. Make sure your cover the whole ring.
6. Now take the 6 leaves with the foam tape on the backside. Remove the protective paper and stick these at an even distance from each other around the wreath to add dimension.
7. Glue on the 4 half beads as berries.
8. Tie a cord loop to the backside of the wreath to hang it.
If you wish to hang this in the window, it would look great if both sides are covered with leaves. Just create a double amount of leaves and follow the instructions above for the backside. Cover the ends of the hanging loop before you are finished.
Content and projects found on this website belong exclusively to the website owner. Yes, you may share a project by writing a small text of your own (do not use any of our written text) plus a single image to that project... but ONLY under the circumstance that you link back to www.christmas-projects.com and make your readers clear that it is our project. Please do not remove any water marks on our images.
You are also free to pin our projects to Pinterest or share on other social platforms under the same requirements as written above.
You can link to www.christmas-projects.com or any of the projects found on this website. You may use one picture to accompany the link as long as you link and credit this website!
Patterns may be printed out for personal use or for classroom use only. It is not permitted to reproduce any patterns for commercial profit.