Instructions for one heart ornament:
1. For each heart ornament you will need to cut out 2 heart shapes.
2. Place a line of glue along side the outer edge of one heart. Leave about 1-1 1/2 inch open on one straight side (for the 4 inch sized heart, otherwise adjust the length according to the size of heart you are making. This needs to remain open to stuff the heart.
3. Place the second paper heart on the first and let the glue completely dry before proceeding to the next step.
4. Lightly stuff the batting into the heart making sure to reach to the upper rounded edges and the point. Use a flat unsharp kitchen knife if you need help getting the stuffing to the different areas.
5. Once you have stuffed the heart like you want it to be, add glue to the open edge. Use paper clips to hold the edge closed until the glue has dried.
6. This step is optional. But if you would like a modest shine to your heart, brush on one or two coats of Mod Podge to the heart. This gives it a look of metal when dry.
7. When your heart has dried, take a needle and punch a hole through the top center. Pull a piece of twine through for hanging.
8. Make small bows with the twine.
9. Glue a bow onto the front of each heart.