Time required: up to 6 hours due to drying time
Difficulty Level: Easy
- wine cork
- white acrylic paint
- 5mm orange wooden bead (for the nose)
- 1 x 4mm black wooden ball (for buttons)
- pair of 6mm wiggly eyes
- 25 mm round styrofoam of pressed paper ball
- black felt snowman hat
- red ribbon
- hot glue gun (parents or supervisors should assist the children when using a hot glue gun) - or use
strong craft glue as an alternative for younger kids
- paint brushes
- air drying snow paste
1. Paint the cork white and set aside to dry.
2. Glue the pressed paper ball onto the dry cork. Paint both pieces with the structured snow paste and set aside to dry. This can take up to 6 hours depending on how warm it is.
4. Once the paste is dry, glue the hat onto the head.
5. Glue on the wiggly eyes.
5. Be careful for this step. Use scissors and “cut” the orange wooden ball in half. This is done by placing the scissors over the middle over the hole and pressing down. This will split the wooden ball in half.
6. Now do the same with the black wooden bead and glue on as buttons.
7. Tie a red ribbon around the neck.